Original House of Donuts (Downtown Tacoma)
Custom Fixtures from Reclaimed Wood + Steel
The original house of donuts has been a local icon since 1959. When the owner approached us with his recipe for bacon covered donuts served upon salvaged and reclaimed wood we had to have a taste for ourselves.
This new downtown Tacoma location is designed to feature similar stylings to that of the original Atomic Era shop located in Lakewood. Utilizing reclaimed planks of laminated hardwoods salvaged from a long forgotten logistics company, we decontaminated the wood, re-sawed many of the planks into 1/2" thick veneers and machined the well used laminated planks flat again. Once we created the proper stock from the customer supplied material, we custom built the fixtures to the exacting specifications which we then trimmed and supported with locally sourced raw laser cut steel. The final result is what industrial wood refuse meets exceptional design and flawless execution is all about.